Dr. Roel D Compendio Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Roel D Compendio?

Rude and Smug

Dr. Compendio does NOT have a likable bedside manner. He comes off as rude, in compassionate, and barely cracks a smile. Although he is extremely smart, and I am sure good at what he does, he lacks warmth, understanding and is smug. I would not recommend him to anyone.

ill tempered, unprofessional, incompetent, condescending,

Stay far away from this man. Of all the myriad of antidepressants available to be prescribed he insisted on putting me on a particular drug after I specifically told him that I had had great trouble with that type of drug in the past. He doesn't listen. When I complained after several weeks of suffering he told me, "I am the doctor. You are talking like you are the doctor. You are not the doctor." He actually snapped at me. I had a horrible experience with this man and would caution anyone to find someone else. I read a posting from a woman who had a similar experience with him and beleived that she was treated that way because she is a woman. I don't think that was the problem. I don't think it's sexism. I think he is a complete .... to everybody, regardless of gender. And it is my opinion that he has no idea what he is doing. Now I have to wein off this garbage he put me on and start all over again with a real Dr. I've gone through weeks of suffering for nothing. But he got paid.

Great Doctor

If you need a Doctor who will actually listen to you in order to give an appropriate diagnosis, Dr. Compendio is the best as far as my treatment has gone. He's very personable, and he asks questions to help in his diagnosis in providing the right medications. You'll see that he really cares.

I have found the doctor to be warm, compassionate and concerned about my wellbeing. He spends as much time as I have needed at each visit and has helped me manage anxiety and depression for over 5 years. The staff is cheerful, friendly and helpful in person and on the telephone.

After almost two years of treatment for depression and anxiety under Dr. Compendio, I've realized what a mistake it was. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor. Dr. Compendio has all the warmth and compassion of a corpse; spends the entire session (a whole 5 minutes) reading his computer and not listening to the patient. If you're looking for someone to talk to, Compendio isn't the doctor for that. He's a very, very cold fish who couldn't/didn't help me. I only hope I can recover from the numerous prescriptions he's bounced me around on.

I highly recommend!

Spent as much time with me as was needed. Very professional and compassionate. Had no problem with allowing my husband to sit next to me during sessions ( other psychiatrist I visited before would not allow this). Had some problems and was always there to answer my calls. Had full recovery under his watch. Have had the opportunity to recommend him to a friend.

Condescending, impatient doctor

I had a hard time actually making an appointment with a psychiatrist in the first place. Then, to deal with the rude bedside manner of a doctor who seemed to be egotistical and impatient with my problems. He didnt seem to listen to me and handed me samples. I went back again for a followup and he was even ruder that time. I dont understand how he continues to have patients. I am a female so maybe he is better with the male patients, or people who have head injuries and those sorts of problems. Mine was depression and anxiety and he seemed to brush that off like it was nothing and made me feel worse about myself. I switched to a new doctor and it was such a welcome relief! I thought all psychiatrists were like him but I was wrong