Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger Behar
Dr. Roger Behar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Somerset, NJ. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry, Neurology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Behar is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and St Peters University Hospital. Dr. Behar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger Behar has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Behar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Roger Behar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrinceton & Rutgers Neurology, 51 Veronica Ave, Somerset, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger Behar in this video.
Dr. Roger Behar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerset, NJ.