Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger A Bonomo has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 5 of 17
Apart from his appallingly rude and dismissive behaviour toward me, I am less than impressed with his clinical skills. When I described my neurological symptoms of several years standing, he dismissed them all as negligible. Just a 'coincidence' that they all began at the same time. I was later diagnosed with longstanding Lyme disease and finally got proper treatment. I've rarely felt so 'brushed off' by a physician.
Dr. Bonomo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Roger A Bonomo accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsManhattan Allergy Immunology & Rheumatology Pc, 47 E 77th St Ste 201, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger A Bonomo in this video.
Dr. Roger A Bonomo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.