- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger N Chams has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Roger N Chams has the following 24 expertise
- Shoulder Pain
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Dislocation
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Knee Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Fractures
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Roger N Chams Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Roger N Chams
Dr. Chams was fellowship trained at the prestigious Southern California Orthopedic Institute where he received specialized training in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of complex knee and shoulder issues and sports injuries. After his fellowship he brought back many procedures that had not previously been performed in the area. Dr Chams has been in practice with the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute for over 15 years. His Sports Medicine experience includes treating thousands of Professional, NCAA, Amateur athletes, as well as work related injuries. He has been the team physician for Lake Forest College as well as multiple High School teams and athletic clubs, for fifteen years. He has been chosen as a team physician for the USA Soccer Federation Men and Women National Teams. Dr. Chams has presented at national meetings, published multiple journal articles, instructional videos, and has authored a text book chapter on Advanced Shoulder Arthroscopy . He continues to be active as a member and instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) , and the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), teaching advanced knee and shoulder arthroscopic surgical technique courses for other Orthopedic surgeons. He is an instructor for the Residents / Fellows Advanced Surgical Arthroscopic Shoulder/ Knee Course at the Academy Learning Center and continues to routinely teach continued medical education courses for physicians, physical therapists, and athletic trainers. Dr. Chams has been awarded to the “Top Tier MD”, “Chicago’s Top Doctor”, American Registry “Patient’s Choice” . He has been selected to “America’s Top Orthopedists “by the Consumer Research Counsel of America for the last 12 years.