Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger H Chen
Dr. Roger H Chen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ypsilanti, MI. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Chen is affiliated with University Of Michigan Health System and St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. Dr. Chen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger H Chen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Chen is professional, knowledgeable, thorough, and genuine. He takes the time to explain his diagnos(es) and will exhaust all avenues to get it accurate. Wonderful physician. However, I am disappointed to say the main nurse and office manager is terribly rude, unprofessional, and actually downright mean and even abusive! Very angry person who apparently takes it out on everyone around her, including the patients. Highly inappropriate comments were made to me by this person and I was utterly shocked and embarrassed. After the comments she made I was actually very uncomfortable with this person having access to my medical records and with her being a liaison with my insurance. For this reason, I'm not sure if I will remain a patient of Dr Chen's and definitely would not recommend anyone. Very unfortunate. :-(
He is good at communicating. Great with children, he has a very gentle manner. My daughter doesn't do well with male doctors or dentists but Dr. Chen is the only doctor she will see. We've talked about switching because we live so far away, but just can't bring ourselves to do it. He answers all your questions with answers you can understand. He is caring and patient.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Roger H Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIha Family Medicine Arbor Park, 4940 W Clark Rd Ste 100, Ypsilanti, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger H Chen in this video.
Dr. Roger H Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.