Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger D Anderson
Dr. Roger D Anderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Point Pleasant, WV. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with Ohiohealth Obleness Hospital, Selby General Hospital and Marietta Memorial Hospital. Dr. Anderson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Roger D Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Roger D Anderson has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 40
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roger D Anderson - Posted on January 12th, 2017
Degrees indicating a thorough education as a physician.I also have infopr-mation from reliable sources that he came back to his hometown of Marietta and invested in a successful career
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roger D Anderson - Posted on June 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roger D Anderson - Posted on June 15th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roger D Anderson - Posted on March 18th, 2013
best doctor anywhere
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roger D Anderson - Posted on March 29th, 2012
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1986
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPLEASANT VALLEY HOSPITAL, 2520 Valley Dr, Point Pleasant, WV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger D Anderson, MD - Infectious Disease in Point Pleasant, WV, in this video.
Dr. Roger D Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Point Pleasant, WV.