Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger D Weiss
Dr. Roger D Weiss, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Belmont, MA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Addiction Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Weiss is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Weiss has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger D Weiss has the following 3 specialties
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Alcohol-Related Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mood Disorders
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Weiss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Mc Lean Hospital
Dr. Roger D Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMcLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA
Dr. Roger D Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Belmont, MA.