Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger D Duber has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Duber was thorough and actually had a perfectly fine bedside manner. My preference for a cardiologist is sharp and knowledgeable: not congenial or sweet. He was very professional and I say him in a completely reasonable amount of time. My appointment was at 12:00 PM and I exited the building before 1:15 PM (better than an obstetrician or pediatrician). The office was well run and the ladies were also professional.
The most common critique you'll hear about Dr. Duber is his bedside manner .. ok, so he'll never get an award there .. but he DOES know his stuff! Straight-shooting, no beating around the bush, right to the point information. If you need to lose weight (and I do) you WILL hear about it! It's the truth, so just deal with it. If you want a Dr. to lie to you, go to someone else. Don't be afraid to speak up if he's a bit brusque, but don't try to 'one up' it .. just volley the response. My guess is he respects those who will speak up and not the 'mouses'. Excellent in procedures, will answer all questions .. but you have to ASK! You won't get a 'touchy feely' response, but it will be direct and on point. If I was having a cardiac emergency, he is one I want with me! I've never had to wait more than 10 min, except for once, when he was in an emergency with someone else .. TOTALLY acceptable. He didn't mention it, didn't need to, his staff just said, he's in an emergency. Do you really need to know any more or need to have an apology for that? I didn't think so. Get past any wait times (bring a book), and get past any bedside manner issues .. he's there to treat you, and he will. Here's what the nurses say about him: Not a great bedside manner, and definitely not always nice to the nurses, but, if you want the best in an emergency, and someone who totally knows his stuff..he's your guy!
I was refered to Dr. Duber by my primary physician after my 50th birthday check up. There was a small concern about my EKG. I was warned about his bedside manner but I wanted a knowledgable caridioligst, not a buddy. I found him to be perfect. He prescribed the best medicines for hypertension (I checked cause I wanted cheaper meds) and was no nonsense about me loosing weigh and not dying.
41 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Roger D Duber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoger D Duber Do Inc, 685 N 13th Ave Ste 10, Upland, CA
Dr. Roger D Duber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Upland, CA.