Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger G Giordano has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Nerve Damage
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Husband recently in Henrico Doctors rehab, Dr. Giordano does not care about patient health and tells lies. Tried to get my husband to do physical therapy and he had a fever and was feeling real ill. He even prescribed a drug for him that I was not aware and my husband could not have known about. Very sneaky. He told a big lie on me. Told my husband( I) wanted him in therapy when husband insisted to go home; but, he told me to my face that my husband needs to stay in hospital until he find source to infection. Not professional at all. He needs to tell the truth to both parties and do not be hiding information. He does not take the time to listen and he has a bad habit of walking off while you are trying to ask questions. The bad thing is the staff at rehab listens to him instead to the patient. A guy named Bryan did the same thing. Says one thing to husband and then tells the doctor something else. All the staff will come back telling lies. My husband is very intelligent and follows politics everyday.
Patients recuperating from mutiple stokes, Dr Giordano doesn't seem to consider patients will have better days than others. When patients have good days, rehab progress is very well, but on bad days rehab is frustating for some patients. Dr Giordano will end patients speech therapy (extremely important for stoke victims) when he determines poor progress. Also, Dr Giordano will cancel patients rehab & future progress (the purpose of rehab is to get stronger). It's seems Dr Giordano isn't interested in acknowledging patient situations.
Dr. Giordano is a lifesaver. He has treated by my mom and dad. My father suffers from Parkinson, Alzheimers, and Dementia. He has been admitted into Health South 3 times for inpatient treatment, and sees Dr. G on a regular basis. I can not say enough about Mr. G and his staff. They go above and beyond for my family, the therapist, nurses, aids, are at the top of the list. Dr. G has my dad on such a tight course of treatment, he follows him at home and makes small changes to improve his life. He is truly a blessing. I would recommend him to anyone. We love you Dr. G. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for my mom, and continue to do for my dad.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Temple University Health System
Dr. Roger G Giordano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHealthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital Of Virginia, 5700 Fitzhugh Ave, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger G Giordano in this video.
Dr. Roger G Giordano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.