Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger J Epstein
Dr. Roger J Epstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silverton, OR, with other offices in Silverton, OR and Silverton, OR . He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Epstein is affiliated with Legacy Silverton Medical Center. Dr. Epstein has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger J Epstein has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Roger J Epstein has the following 8 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Roger J Epstein is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have never met a doctor more courteous, respectful, kind and thorough. From my first appointment and experience with him in 2008 to my current appointment, nothing has changed. He explains everything so thorough, takes the time you need and makes sure he has answered all questions. Same in procedure performance and follow-up before and after procedure was done. Most wonderful bedside manner and his whole staff is kind, helpful and very polite. Don't like needing the services he provides but so happy he is there to provide them with his wonderful staff.
Worst experience of all time thanks to him I almost died and my colon perferforated because he refused to see me after first appointment of diagnosing me with severe ulcerative colitis from my colonoscopy, which then advanced to toxic mega colon. I would not recommend this doctor to any one if you are referred to a specialist look around and scheule with anyone but him!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Epstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Roger J Epstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger J Epstein in this video.
Dr. Roger J Epstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silverton, OR.