Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Roger K Russell
Dr. Roger K Russell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Russell is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, St Vincent Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger K Russell has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Roger K Russell has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Roger K Russell has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Roger K Russell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 3
Dr. Russell was my anesthesiologist at Mass Eye and Ear for a recent operation. I'm a fairly healthy guy, so don't have a tremendous amount of experience in hospitals, but I have to say, hands down he was the best doc I've ever encountered. As MEE is a teaching hospital, I also got to see him instruct a new nurse on using a new IV needle set she hadn't used before (he very openly asked my consent first without any pressure), so I'd also say he's the best teacher I've ever seen, and has an absolutely fantastic bedside manner. If I could give him five stars, I would. Non-rated categories weren't relevant to my experience with him.
Going in for surgery was one of the scariest experiences of my life. With Dr. Russell as my anesthesiologist, I was quickly relaxed and confident that my surgical experience would be a safe one, and it was. His intelligence and bedside manner are amazing. If I ever need anesthesia again, regardless of what type of surgery I may have, I'm going to see Dr. Russell first. He is simply wonderful
Dr. Russell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Roger K Russell accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts Eye And Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA
Dr. Roger K Russell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.