Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger S Kersten
Dr. Roger S Kersten, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Massapequa, NY. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kersten is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital, MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital. Dr. Kersten has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger S Kersten has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Kersten takes the time to really listen to you and you are never rushed out of the office. He values your own insight into your health rather than feeling superior. I appreciate that I am also a voice and can have an opinion on my own health matters. His bedside manner is superior and you will always feel like you are talking to a friend. I have had so many good experiences with his style of care. TOP NOTCH!!! He will call you himself, even if he is on vacation, to touch base if there is any concern regarding a test result. Not many do that anymore!
Dr. Kersten is the best plus he has a great sense of humor. He really is interested in the whole person and what is affecting your life good and bad. He goes above and beyond not only to fix problems to prevent more from happening. He is on top of the latest developments and medications in cardiology.
Remember Marcus Welby from the 70's? Well, he was a fictional character, but Dr. Kersten is real and he is just as terrific. He is compassionate, friendly, and has a great sense of humor. He knows so much about medicine and breaks it down into a manner which I can understand. Look no further for a great doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2011, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kersten is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Roger S Kersten accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Internal Medicine Long Island, 510 Hicksville Rd, Massapequa, NY
Dr. Roger S Kersten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Massapequa, NY.