Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger W Marcus
Dr. Roger W Marcus, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fallston, MD. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Marcus is affiliated with Harford Memorial Hospital and Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center. Dr. Marcus has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger W Marcus has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Marcus and Ann Beezley are very professional and they care. I have been seeing them for 15 years and they took me on as a patient when the closest Rheumatologist in my health plan was in Baltimore City at that time. They accepted what my insurance paid even though it was not much during this time. Now I have a different plan. Dr. Marcus and NP Beezley are concerned not only with what they specialize in but also your other health concerns. They have also been very responsive when I needed them during non-business hours. They took me from severe pain from frequent RA flares and found a treatment combination that works well for me. I would recommend them to anyone.
He is maybe the most thorough, intense and focused doctor I've seen in a long time. So many doctors these days do a cursory exam and shove you out the door. Dr. Marcus isn't like that at all. He really listened and processed everything I said. I've been sick for a long time and it gave me hope to be seen by him. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Marcus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Roger W Marcus accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoger W Marcus Md Pa, 1814 Bel Air Rd, Fallston, MD
Dr. Roger W Marcus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fallston, MD.