Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger L Mccown Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Roger L Mccown Jr has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Roger L Mccown Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
After baking 2 bones in several different place in my leg, I had to have surgery the next day. While waiting to go to the surgical room, Dr. McCown came in started praying over, not only the surgery, but for me. He has a great big heart and truly cares for his patience. If I was living out of the area and needed surgery, I would find a way to get back to him.
First appointment spends time explaining things thoroughly. Prays for you and for a successful surgery before the surgery. I have had complications post surgery. Very dismissive and rushed at all subsequent appointments (about 2 minutes looking over everything.) I now most likely need another surgery and had no new injuries since surgery.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Roger L Mccown Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTrinity Clinic Orthopedic And Sports Medicine, 1327 Troup Hwy, Tyler, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger L Mccown Jr in this video.
Dr. Roger L Mccown Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.