Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger K Owens II has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spinal Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Herniated Disc
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Owens is an impressive doctor. He is personable, knowledgeable , professional and I plan to recommend him and Norton Spine center whenever the opportunity presents itself. I have never used the Norton hospital as my family is strongly associated with the Baptist system but my experience with dr. Owens, the Spine institute, the staff, both hospital and spine inst. Has changed that....thank you for your excellence in medicine.
I saw Dr Owens for treatment of Degenerative Disc Disease and lumbar spinal stenosis. After two years of failed conservative treatment and symptoms progressively worse, I decided on a lumbar laminectomy. Dr Owens was very thorough in explaining the procedure and making me feel comfortable with the decision to proceed with surgery. Prior to having stenosis i was a runner. Two years ago I had to stop running completely and the nerve pain progressed to the point where I could not walk a 1/4 of a mile or stand for longer than 10 minutes without severe cramping, burning and numbness down both legs! I am now seven days post op and the results have been amazing. I am already walking two miles with no pain. The pre-surgical nerve pain is completely gone. Even the post op pain that I was expecting is minor. I would highly recommend Dr. Owens, he is a skilled and personable surgeon!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
12 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Roger K Owens II accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorton Leatherman Spine Center, 4123 Dutchmans Ln, Louisville, KY
Dr. Roger K Owens II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.