Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger Porter
Dr. Roger Porter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tyler, TX. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Porter is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Winnsboro, Mother Francis Hospital and University of Texas Health Center Tyler. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger Porter has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Porter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Winnsboro
Mother Francis Hospital
University of Texas Health Center Tyler
Mother Francis Hospital-Jacksonville
38 Years Experience
University of Arkansas
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Roger Porter accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions11937 US Highway 271, Tyler, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roger Porter in this video.
Dr. Roger Porter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.