Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roger T Brown has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Roger T Brown has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Roger T Brown is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 9
Timothy Brown should not be trusted to do evaluations of any kind. Timothy could not get the facts of my case accurate in the least bit. Almost everything it his report was inaccurate or copied from another evaluator. The other evaluatorâs evaluation was kicked out of court and Tim still took her advice. Tim has no concept of what heâs doing and lacks the professionalism that should come with being in the psychiatric practice. Tim will not use any proof to determine his results, he will only guess and then label you without proof. Tim will not take his time to do a thorough evaluation. I believe he is in it for the money and does not care who he destroys in the process. Tim even got the year wrong on his report. Parents and Children beware!
It's no problem getting in to see Dr. Brown and paying him for putting your child on drugs, but don't have questions or a problem later. If you call, you'll get the secretary and she's get back to you. Dr. Brown doesn't appear to have time to use the phone. Medication is his solution to your child's problems.
My child was a patient at this office and saw the nurse practioner. He was having a reaction to the medicine and I asked for the DOCTOR to please call back. I called 3 times and no call back. Wasn't until I contacted another MD who called the office did I get a call back. The nurse called back not the doctor. Was not happy.
27 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1991
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Roger T Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Locations & DirectionsRoger Timothy Brown Md, 635 Lafitte St, Mandeville, LA
Dr. Roger T Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mandeville, LA.