Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roger Wiggins
Dr. Roger Wiggins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ann Arbor, MI, with other offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Ann Arbor, MI . He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wiggins is affiliated with University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers, Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Michigan Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Roger Wiggins has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Inflammation (Nephritis)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
Dr. Wiggins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
University of Michigan Health System
42 Years Experience
Middlesex Hospital Medical School
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Roger Wiggins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roger Wiggins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.