Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rohidas T Patil has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Rohidas T Patil has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Rohidas T Patil has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
A few years ago I needed to be evaluated before a back surgery. Dr. Patil was only one of two psychiatrist listed with my healthcare provider. During my evaluation he learned about some thing that happened during my childhood. He asked me if I would like to continue with some more sessions. He told me that he didn't see patients anymore but he had two ASSISTANTS. That's what HE called them. I took for granted that I was still under his care so I continued with one of his ASSISTANTS. I payed my co-pay every time I went which was maybe 3-4 times. Then I get my first bill from his ASSISTANT (Thomas Stewart). I called to try and straighten things out and they didn't care. They said I owed another $192 on top of my co-pays. I called them scammer for baiting and switching me to someone else who wasn't in my healthcare plan. I told them to take me to court. I would love to explain everything to a judge. I just received a letter from a collection agency so we will see where this goes. These scammer are not getting another dime from me.
NEGLIGENTLY prescribes psychotropics for foster children ON REQUEST with NO regard to child's actually medical history. No waiting, will phone in consent request to ESC on notice from caseworker. This child is possibly DYING. Relies on caseworker to inform and they only say what needs to be said to accomplish goal. I am reporting this doctor IMMEDIATELY.
Dr. Patil pays little attention to the side effects of the medication that he prescribes. The more the merrier seems to be his stupid philosophy about the meds that he prescribes. I had taken Nardil for 25 years or more for bi-polar depression. At Sullivan Rehab I realized that he began prescribing Seroquel, Respiradil (sp), and Namenda without talking with me. Seroquel caused nightmares, Respiradil blurred my vision and made me horribly thursty. I did not need Namenda. I took only Nardil. It is the only antidepressant drug that ever worked. Patil did not diagnose my disorder. I have been depressed since I was 17 years old. Patil spends about 7 minutes with me each visit. I am not aware of any follow-up.
Dr. Patil is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Rohidas T Patil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rohidas T Patil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, IL.