Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roland V Askins III
Dr. Roland V Askins III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sarasota, FL. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Askins is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Baptist Health South Florida. Dr. Askins has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roland V Askins III has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
For me the survey questions are academic. During hip surgery my urethra was ruptured and I am now incontinent. Dr, Askins described the incident as "unfortunate". Who's in charge during surgery? Perhaps the Lakewood Ranch Medical center bears all the responsibility. then avoid it. The prosthesis is good after two years. It's a pity he can't use Doctors' Hospital.
Dr. Askins is the finest surgeon in the State of Florida! I have been through years of PT, 2 knee replacements, and a hip replacement and each time I walk in, he greets me as if no matterr how bad it is, he will fix things for me. He is highly intelligent and I trust him and his gut feeling about the surgeries I have had. He is my orthopaedic doctor for life (sorry Dr. Askins!), but I know whatever I need, he is there. THANK YOU DR. ASKINS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND MY PARENTS!!!
Dr. Askins replaced my knee in 2003 and hip in 2012. The knee surgery was done on Monday I was walking the halls w/o walker or cane Tues. afternoon. The Hip was just as easy. No pain after surgery in either case. I would highly recommend him. He moves fast during office visits but explains procedures and answers questions thoroughly.
I don't take chances with my health. I'm 69 years old and have had many surgeries. When I'm looking for a specialist, I think nothing of asking 20 or 30 people in health care who they consider to be the best. When I needed a new hip, Vance Askins was the hands-down choice of the majority. I'm three weeks out from a total hip replacement and I would say I'm 90% recovered. I walked two miles ten days after surgery. A home health care nurse with 30+ years of experience who took out my staples said she could just about guess who did my surgery by the small incision and the speed of my recovery. This guy's a wizard. If you're looking for a Marcus Welby- type who'll baby you and hold you hand this may not be your guy. He spent a lot of time with me before the surgery explaining every facet of the procedure. In fact, he gave me a different type of joint to match the requirements of my chosen activities.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Askins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Jackson Health System
Dr. Roland V Askins III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAskins & Miller Orthopaedics, 4937 Clark Rd, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roland V Askins III in this video.
Dr. Roland V Askins III is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.