Dr. Roland Boyd Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Roland Boyd?

Grateful Dr. Boyd was on-call

Posted on October 8th, 2014

When I delivered my son, he was not breathing and had APGAR scores of zero and one. Dr. Boyd made the decision to have him airlifted to UMC neonatal intensive care where they provided the treatment that I believe saved him from death or disability. Dr. Boyd explained that UMC had exceptional results using a cooling mat to lower the neonates core temperature to allow the brain and body to heal from oxygen depravation and improve outcomes. Dr. Boyd ensured that I was able to spend time with my baby while the transportation was being arranged and allowed me still in the hospital bed to be wheeled into the NICU. Dr. Boyd also came back to update me once my son arrived in Jackson and again the next morning prior to me being discharged. Dr. Boyd was kind to me and my family and took time to explain and answer our questions. Thank you doctor Boyd for making the decision to send my son to receive the treatment, my son is a happy healthy 2 year old!!!

Posted on November 20th, 2014