Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roland S Summers has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Roland S Summers has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Roland S Summers has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I've been going to Dr. Summers for over 6 years. He is acceptable, but I don't like the fact that he seems to love to prescribe medications for every little thing. I see that most of his patients are seniors; however, I am one of his younger patients and I strongly feel that there are sometimes when there are other options besides pulling out a prescription pad for every little complaint. I am going to look for another doctor. Another thing, he seems to show many students to intern at his office and this is a problem when he's allowing them to do the actual exams, such as rectal, etc. Who wants a stranger poking then when you're used to your regular doctor exempt you for many years?
this doctor treated me with such poor respect. he came in the treatment room with resident doctor and he introduce us.then he asked me how have l been feeling.l responded by say still stiff!! cpk level high! he responded by said! open your mouth a talk l can't understand you!! l was talking clear!! it made me feel worthless in front of the resident!then he proceeded to check me and ask mequestion, still being rude to me in front of the resident. l think he was being this way in front of this black resident to make him feel that it's ok totreat your patient this way. l will neverreturn to see this man. he needs to retire as well.you are not the only doctor in savannah!!l will find a good doctor who can tell me what's wrong with me.
52 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Roland S Summers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRoland Steven Summers Md, 340 Eisenhower Dr Ste 510, Savannah, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roland S Summers in this video.
Dr. Roland S Summers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Savannah, GA.