Dr. Rolando Garcia Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rolando Garcia Jr?

14 Years Later

As a presently retired physician, I must emphasize my own personal experience with Dr. Garcia. I have known Dr. Garcia personally and the staff of Orthopedic Care Center for the past 14 years. If any of my former patients had ever needed a referral for an Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in spine surgery, I would only send them directly to Dr. Garcia without any hesitation whatsoever. I have personally been in the O.R with him at Aventura Hospital to view him perform the same surgery that I was scheduled to undergo in the next month. For almost five hours straight I stood there in complete amazement while carefully observing everything that he was doing from a nearby distance. I wanted to learn as much as I could not only as a physician but most importantly as a patient. At the end of the procedure I believe that my words to Dr . Garcia was, “ Thank you sincerely for allowing me the privilege to be present during this procedure. I will never tell myself ever again that I had a hard day at the office after watching what you have just done for your patient.” Going through Orthpaedic spine surgery is not an easy thing to do as a patient. However, considering that I have the knowledge as a former patient and a retired physician, that Dr. Garcia never recommends spine surgery until all other treatment options were explored first as alternatives to undergoing surgery. When I was a patient of his for a few years due to a severe motor vehicle accident in 2004, I had to undergo two spine surgeries between the years of 2005-2006. Dr. Garcia was always very ethical, honest, caring and very straightforward with any questions that I had about anything whatsoever regarding my spine injuries. I am very aware that after reading some of the present reviews that Dr. Garcia’s office waiting room can be lengthy at times, very lengthy . However, as a patient you need to understand that the wait time is not only due to the fact that there are other amazing Orthpedists in the practice and most importantly that while any Orthopedic Surgeon has an office visit with a patient than that appointment can NOT be rushed, expedited or hurried in any way possible. Especially when it comes to spine surgery the physician must carefully, accurately and diagnose each patient properly before other patients can be accommodated. I have to admit that I have waited for as long as three hours in that waiting room to see the doctor but there’s an old expression that I truly believe in which states that good things will come to those who wait. Dr. Garcia may presently be a defense expert witness for insurance companies but that has not always been the case. Due to his overall expertise, dedication and commitment to the injuries sustained and overall very strong ethical qualities as an Orthopedic Surgeon , I can honestly say that if it had not been for Dr. Garcia I may not be able to live my present life being able to survive without having permanent paralysis due to spinal cord injuries. Thank you and best regards to staff at Orthopedic Care.

Thanks to him i walk

Saved my life

Doctor Garcia gave me my life back. After struggling with debilitating back issues due to faulty artificial discs and failed back surgeries it was doctor Garcias world class knowledge and expertise that finally made the difference. Not only is Rolando Garcia a wonderful human being he is probably the best back surgeon in the entire country, and I don't say that lightly. When other doctors couldn't help me it was doctor Garcia who not only helped me, he literally saved my life by giving me the ability to function for the first time in 16 years. I highly recommend doctor Garcia to anyone dealing with back issues.

If you want to seat in the lobby and not see the doctor this is the perfect place. However, you can see him walk by thought the little window. When I booked my appointment I made it very clear that my time is as important as the doctor, so I asked for an appointment that wouldn't make me wait forever and ever. After two hours I got up and left.

I had a pleasant experience with this doctor. He was kind and spent enough time with me until I understood what was wrong with my back. He was not pushy for surgery like a lot of other doctors I have been to.

HORRIBLE PHYSICIAN HORRIBLE PERSON

Do not recommend Dr. Garcia

Dr. Rolando Garcia was incompetent. He was unable to diagnose me and got frustrated after our third visit because he could not figure out what was wrong with me. He was only able to diagnose half of my problem and suggested surgery after trying physical therapy, however when I showed up in excruciating pain on my head that was not related to the herniated disks, he decided that he was done with me. He was rude! Although he told me in his office that he was not perfect (no kidding!) and he could had missed something and even recommending that I get a second opinion, on my files he wrote completely conflicting information. He had the nerve to say that I was exaggerating my pain and made it sound that I was making it up. Turns out that when I did get my second opinion, the doctor diagnosed me with 3 herniated disks and occipital neuralgia. Dr. Rolando was no capable of diagnosing me and he should not be trusted. I ended up having a three level cervical surgery and my excruciating pain due to the occipital neuralgia dissipated, since the cervical surgery released the pressure on the occipital nerve. I am back to normal and pain free. *I learned later that Dr. Rolando testifies for big car insurance companies and my opinion is that he said one thing and wrote something completely different to set himself up to testify later and make some extra money, just in case I chose to sue the person responsible for my accident and their insurance company. Be careful, he cannot be trusted! PS: The wait time was really long, sometime over an hour.

Dr. Garcia was fantastic with me, he took the time to explain everything to me, what was my options, etc. He did three blocked in my back and after few years I'm felling good. He staff are horrible, the waiting time are terrible,but I don't care if after all I'll see Dr Garcia.

Worst experience I've ever had with a "medical professional". He is in the pocket of the worker's comp companies, was rude, dismissive, and refused to even treat me.

Their staff is very unprofessional, I felt I was in a meat market. I decided to go to a better MD. Since, I changed Dr.'s I underwent surgery, and I can tell you I just waisted my time with Dr. Garcia.

As a surgeon he is magnificent and I highly recommend him. The wait time at his office is horrific and his bedside mmanners leave a lot to be desired. His staff can be very rude also. If you can get past all of that he is a good surgeon. Manners are learned at home not at Medical school!

saved me

Was referred to Dr. Garcia after my ortho first had sent me to " the best spine doctor in miami " That guy was nuts , wanted to fuse my back at 38 years old . After speaking and conferring with Dr. Garcia he explained exactly what i needed and how he was planning to go about it . Nothing but honest and straight forward , have never had a problem since . I highly recommend .

Dr. Rolando Garcia Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.