Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roman Franklin
Dr. Roman Franklin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clarkston, MI. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Franklin is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Of Michigan and St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Roman Franklin has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 5 of 25
I was a patient of Dr Franklin since 2001 he treated me for Leukemia and lung cancer He was always kind and helpful and made me feel like he really cared so did his office staff. I was never treated rudely and he spent time with his patients With his care and constant attention at this time I am cancer free and just learned that he has retired and I will truly miss him. He was like family to me and was upset that he no longer will be my doctor.. I wish him well and hope he enjoys his retirement !!!!!
I saw Dr. Franklin after some abnormal blood tests. For over a year, I have seen him periodically with continued weird blood test results. He was helpful in that he did additional testing and ruled out some scary variables. However, he kept throwing out more "diagnoses" without searching for the WHY. At each visit, I have waited for an unreasonable amount of time - 45min to 1 hour minimum. I am now leaving his care, as I am tired of long waits and more diagnoses without any searching into why my problems occur or offering sufficient treatments for the problems.
Dr. Franklin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Roman Franklin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPoh Cancer Institute, 5680 Bow Pointe Dr Ste 202, Clarkston, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roman Franklin in this video.
Dr. Roman Franklin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clarkston, MI.