Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Romana Baig has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Romana Baig has the following 3 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Romana Baig has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Romana Baig is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Was experiencing excruciating pain with numbness and weakness in hand. Upon first visit, she ordered images and prescribed a higher dosage of gabapentin even after I expressed my inability to tolerate. Images revealed multiple issues which contributed to the weaknesses. I was prescribed nothing for my pain, instead I was immediate scheduled for an invasive procedure at their outpatient surgical center. My condition worsened until I was finally hospitalized. Numerous calls to Dr Baig returned by her receptionist and stating everything was fine. Day of procedure I had lost almost all strength in hand. When she asked what happened, I explained that I had images done at AAMC - she had them for a week and never reviewed. She canceled my surgery and told me she wasn't sure what to do, though maybe I should see my primary care physician (this after she snapped at me). She told me it was urgent and that I needed to see a surgeon. Called their practice and they tried to schedule me with a PA. Finally gave up, now possibly permanent damage to nerves. Will be seeing a real doctor next week.
7 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2011
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Romana Baig accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Kaiser - MidAtlantic
- Kaiser Permanente MidAtlantic
Locations & Directions
Dr. Romana Baig is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.