Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald M Andiman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
A very good doctor. Yes you will wait to see him and he often has emergencies. But he is the best.He has his office, he's on call and teaches at the hospital.When your primary care doctor is jerking you around...he takes care of you. The best time to see him are after five.I've had several problems; hydrocephalus, hearing disorder and brain tumor. He helped with all and getting me to the right specialists.
Dr. Andiman is the best they come. He's took time to make me comfortable, and listen to my problems, concerns, experiences thoroughly, and then provided me with several courses of actions and their potential negatives. He made it clear that I could call him in between my visits. I was having severe pain and left a message for him at nearly 5pm in the one day and he returned my call at nearly 8pm because he was still at the office. In my experience, most doctors would've waited til they had time the following day. I'm so glad I found Dr. Andiman!
The wait time for Dr. Andiman is long, but honestly, I feel like it's worth it. Unlike my former neurologist, I felt like he genuinely listens to my concerns and does his best to figure out the problem. I sometimes keep a daily log of how I'm feeling and he takes the time to actually read it. I'd rather wait all day for a good neurologist than have a short wait for someone more worried about getting to the next patient and pushing me aside.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
51 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Ronald M Andiman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColin Wilfred Stokol Md, 8631 W 3rd St Ste 531E, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Ronald M Andiman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.