Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald M Burd has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ronald M Burd has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
Dr. Ronald M Burd has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Ronald M Burd is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Do I have your attention ? I found out lassoing isn't just for cattle , as I had to " lasso" a specialist on my own to keep my son alive. Burd told me, mother of patient, " I can't lasso any old doctor to see your son ! Burd tried his best to hide the fact that he was not allowing a specialist to treat my son for another illness that he had no business ignoring or trying to treat as it is not his specialty. As we found out his specialty is arrogance. I was able to lasso the specialist in a matter of minutes and SHE listened and has been apart of my sons medical team for one year . Be sure to have an advocate because if one is ill and Burd is the doctor you may not get out alive.
This doctor was my psychiatrist for years. Although he has excellent credentials he rushes through everything. I eventually realized I felt like he didn't even listen to me. After spending so much time with him over the years I did feel comfortable enough to tell him what I thought...basically standing up to him...but I soon realized that I was "just another patient." I know that these doctors have many patients but I need to feel like my doctor is concerned about me and takes time to really know my needs. Medicinally he did OK...trying to find effective medications for me but his lack of "bedside manner" just finally got to me and I switched doctors. He's a nice guy and yes, obviously great credentials...he keeps piling them up...but as my personal psychiatrist, I finally realized he wasn't for me.
36 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Ronald M Burd accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BlueConnect
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & DirectionsSanford Mental Health, 100 4th St S Ste 204, Fargo, ND
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ronald M Burd in this video.
Dr. Ronald M Burd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fargo, ND.