Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald E Calhoun Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 42
I saw Dr Calhoun for two years he was polite to me but sometime I felt like he didn't always listen. I tried to tell him I couldn't take pain meds. His solution was to increase from 90 to 120.He also put me on something fon panic attacks. same story he went from 30 to 60. I stopped saying anything to him. I took the pills when i knew i would be home and not out driving but there came a time when I had to drive to Huntsville twice a week and I didn't take the meds he had gave me because I was afaid I would wreck and hurt someone. To make a long story short I went in he did a drug test nothing showed up.He came in screaming to the top of his voice acting like a mad man . He didn't give me a chance to explain. I have never had anyone speak to me the way he did . He was completley out of control. He should have known me better than that after all the times he has treated me.
He did not see that I had a serious problem with fluid in my lungs. I asked him repeatedly and he never even used a stethascope. As a result I had congestive heart failure. He got tired of hearing that I had a problem that slowed him down when he needed to get to other room to write drugs and let me go with no referral and didn't titrate me off meds. I am disabled and that was a terrible place to be... thrown to the wolves. He needs to be reprimanded AGAIN!! We asked for entire medical records for my new Dr. Faxed release and Dr only got 3 pages. I think that calls for a spanking. Wonder what he was trying to hide???
Dr. Calhoun and his assistants are the most wonderful team I have encountered. He has a wonderful bedside manner and takes as much time as you need to ensure you really understand everything. He's also pretty funny. He made me feel like I'd finally found a Dr who didn't care how long it took to ensure I was completely happy with the results. He very obviously cares for his patients, I've called him with a bunch of questions and he is always happy to help and goes out of his way to resolve any problem you have. You will really love Dr. Calhoun
Dr. Calhoun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Sint Eustatius
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Ronald E Calhoun Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Jackson Primary Care, 42319 US Highway 72, Stevenson, AL
Dr. Ronald E Calhoun Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stevenson, AL.