Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald C Childs
Dr. Ronald C Childs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mc Lean, VA, with another office in Fairfax, VA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Childs is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Childs has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald C Childs has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Ronald C Childs has the following 17 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Fusion
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Back Injuries
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Ronald C Childs has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ronald C Childs is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
MY surgery was successful: discectomy. I saw the surgeon immediately after the procedure while recovering from anesthesia and never had the chance to see him again. Both followed up appointments were with a physicians assistant even though they told me I would see the doctor, which I requested. I asked questions about my body only my surgeon could answer such as what did my herniation look like, how much did you remove, etc? The assistant was hostile and suspicious of my questions. She said, "the only thing you need to know is that you are feeling better." She then said she would not answer any more questions and abruptly left the room. I thought she was coming back so I waited..she never came back. It was creepy. But 2.5 years later, I am great.
Dr.Childs is an outstanding physician. His diagnosis was accurate and he was able to perform the surgery immediately for my back problem. A friend recommended him to me after I had seen several doctors with absolutely no success or hope and I am cured. I have resumed my regular activities and my lifestyle in less than a year after major back surgery.. I have recommended him to several of my friends with similar back problems. Dr, Childs is a superb doctor!
I had an apt with Dr Childs two weeks ago... It was my first visit in this office. I was very nervous, but Dr Childs was Awesome, he came right in and answered all our questions, explained that I would need surgery.. Took a lot of time going over MRI, and X-ray results. I feel much better about the surgery knowing how he is and his great bed side manor.. Would recommend this doctor top others, no questions ask..
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Childs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Ronald C Childs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ronald C Childs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.