Dr. Ronald C Childs Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Ronald C Childs?

Good surgeon, lousy staff

MY surgery was successful: discectomy. I saw the surgeon immediately after the procedure while recovering from anesthesia and never had the chance to see him again. Both followed up appointments were with a physicians assistant even though they told me I would see the doctor, which I requested. I asked questions about my body only my surgeon could answer such as what did my herniation look like, how much did you remove, etc? The assistant was hostile and suspicious of my questions. She said, "the only thing you need to know is that you are feeling better." She then said she would not answer any more questions and abruptly left the room. I thought she was coming back so I waited..she never came back. It was creepy. But 2.5 years later, I am great.

Dr.Childs is an outstanding physician. His diagnosis was accurate and he was able to perform the surgery immediately for my back problem. A friend recommended him to me after I had seen several doctors with absolutely no success or hope and I am cured. I have resumed my regular activities and my lifestyle in less than a year after major back surgery.. I have recommended him to several of my friends with similar back problems. Dr, Childs is a superb doctor!

Dr. Childs put me at ease, answered all of my questions, never made me feel rushed, and made me feel that he was genuinely concerned for my well being. He is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anybody seeking a great and knowledgeable orthopedic surgeon.

Great doctor!

Dr. Childs always spends as much time with me as I need. He explains procedures thoroughly and always takes the times to ensure my understanding. I am recovering well after a lumbar fusion and Dr. Childs is sincere about his concern for my well being. He is an awesome doctor!

Dr Childs

I had an apt with Dr Childs two weeks ago... It was my first visit in this office. I was very nervous, but Dr Childs was Awesome, he came right in and answered all our questions, explained that I would need surgery.. Took a lot of time going over MRI, and X-ray results. I feel much better about the surgery knowing how he is and his great bed side manor.. Would recommend this doctor top others, no questions ask..

Patient's immediate relative

Dr. Childs' 'bedside' manner is really wonderful. He made my father feel very at ease. When Dr. Childs asked questions, he really listened to the answers. He went over our mri results with us so that we understood what is going on. Although our appointment time came and went, when we finally got to see Dr. Childs, we were very pleased. He gave us a course of action to follow and he let us know that he only recommends surgery if absolutely everything else fails. Wonderful Doctor -- one who truly should be working with people.

I always waited an incredibly long time for an appointment and then felt rushed when I was in the room with him. He ordered me to get several tests (when I had already given him MRI and CT-Scan) before he'd even begin to tell me what may be wrong with me. I also believe the discogram he ordered may have added to the pain I'm still experience daily. Dr. Childs is nice, but he's not one to answer questions. His Physicians Assistant isn't nice. I also went to another specialist who recommended a different surgery. I am still unsure about which surgery would be better for me.

Very difficult to get appointments, even as a follow up with a problem and pain. Office never answers the phone and takes a long time to get back to you. As smart and sweet as Dr. Childs is the rest of the office seems to care little and makes you feel bad for trying to get help with a problem.