Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald J Dirkse MD
Dr. Ronald J Dirkse, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Holland, MI. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald J Dirkse has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ronald J Dirkse has the following 5 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
Dr. Ronald J Dirkse is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ronald J Dirkse - Posted on November 16th, 2010
If you ever need to have your records transfered somewhere else - good luck - Dr. Dirkse is very reluctant to do this. Several years ago my daughter's records were to have been transfered to our primary physician - I even made more than one trip to Dr. Dirkse's office to fill out the correct paperwork to do this. I made the mistake of assuming he would follow through with the transfer. Now, a few years later, I found out it was never done. I have been making weekly calls to the office and will continue doing so until the info is sent. The actual files belong to the Dr. but the information in them belongs to the patient. All I want is to have it transfered to our family physician - didn't think that was too much to ask.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ronald J Dirkse - Posted on March 23rd, 2009
48 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Ronald J Dirkse Accepts the Following Insurance
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsCOMPREHENSIVE PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES, 675 E 16th St Ste 290, Holland, MI
Dr. Ronald J Dirkse is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Holland, MI.