The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald K Downs has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Ronald K Downs has the following 8 expertise
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Laser Resurfacing
- Hair Restoration
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Ronald K Downs is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
He didn't return calls, some addressing increased pain during recovery, tried canceling appointment on the day of and only a couple hours before scheduled appointment due to his billing department not having updated payments made so their computer showed a past due account balance and their policy is past due balance due in full to be seen, strong possibility that negligence during surgery may be the cause of a complication in my recovery (seeking 2nd opinion and evaluation), during last appointment I felt my concerns were being ignored and when I asked him why he was dismissing what I wanted to discuss he became rude and used a loud tone stating if I didn't like the way my case was being handled, he didnt need me and I could go elsewhere. I left his office in tears and refuse to go back, unless it's confirmed that my complications are a result of a mistake during surgery
Pretty much leads you to believe you're going to get the results you're after, then when you don't, he just replies with things like " wow look at the difference " or sorry but it's just you" or we took a lot off". What he fails to realize when he makes these comments is, we are still the same people we were before and if he said he could do what we ask, then do it. If he can't, then just be honest and say that he can't. I need another surgery to get the outcome I was promised from him. Very expensive and I would not recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Ronald K Downs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ronald K Downs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mishawaka, IN.