Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald G Berger has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I went to see Dr. Berger after a heart scan showed heart disease he spent plenty of time explaining to me my options and what I should and should not do. He talked to me about my diet and explained some changes I should make. He did not rush me and took plenty of time to explain everything I needed to know about my condition. I will see him again in a year.
Over many years he kept telling me I was fine even though I couldn't breath, was dizzy and continually had atrial fibrillation issues requiring cardioversions. I finally went to the number one hospital for cardiology in the country and was diagnosed with mitral valve stenosis which required open heart surgery. I went back to him told him the diagnosis of the # 1 cardiology hospital in the country. Dr. Berger told me he didn't believe it, and , he said "don't expect to feel any different, the surgery wouldn't change anything or improve my symptoms". The top hospital for cardiology surgeon reported I had mitral valve stenosis for 14 years since my original open heart surgery done at a hospital in the north shore. The surgeon used a ring which was too small. The number one cardiology hospital in the country also reported my syptoms were very difficult to miss. It was reported my mitral valve was the size of a dime, where it should be the size of silver dollar. Dr. Berger failed diagnosing my issue, he also removed any hope for a having healthy life. I've since had the surgery and feel absolutely fabulous. I can breath, I have energy, my thoughts are clear and I no longer sleep with 5 pillows from my lungs being filled with fluid . I can walk through the grocery store without being exhausted.
I had to go to the emergency room for my symptoms and was referred to Dr. Berger. It turned out I was OK but was a very scary time. Dr. Berger really helped to sort things out and followed up with me. He taught me about managing my symptoms and taking care of myself. Now I go once a year for maintenance but I know he will be there if needed in another emergency. My only complaint is that some of the office staff are not too professional or friendly, but some are wonderful.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
19 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1999
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Ronald G Berger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore University Health System Cardiology, 2151 Waukegan Rd Ste 100, Bannockburn, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ronald G Berger in this video.
Dr. Ronald G Berger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bannockburn, IL.