Dr. Ronald G Berger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ronald G Berger?

Unable to read tests

Dr. Berger was unable to read my echocardiograms and several TEE tests. If he were able to read them correctly, he would have known I had severe mitral valve stenosis. I had to go to Cleveland Clinic to get a diagnosis.

Very Good Doctor

I went to see Dr. Berger after a heart scan showed heart disease he spent plenty of time explaining to me my options and what I should and should not do. He talked to me about my diet and explained some changes I should make. He did not rush me and took plenty of time to explain everything I needed to know about my condition. I will see him again in a year.

He didn't diagnose my issue

Over many years he kept telling me I was fine even though I couldn't breath, was dizzy and continually had atrial fibrillation issues requiring cardioversions. I finally went to the number one hospital for cardiology in the country and was diagnosed with mitral valve stenosis which required open heart surgery. I went back to him told him the diagnosis of the # 1 cardiology hospital in the country. Dr. Berger told me he didn't believe it, and , he said "don't expect to feel any different, the surgery wouldn't change anything or improve my symptoms". The top hospital for cardiology surgeon reported I had mitral valve stenosis for 14 years since my original open heart surgery done at a hospital in the north shore. The surgeon used a ring which was too small. The number one cardiology hospital in the country also reported my syptoms were very difficult to miss. It was reported my mitral valve was the size of a dime, where it should be the size of silver dollar. Dr. Berger failed diagnosing my issue, he also removed any hope for a having healthy life. I've since had the surgery and feel absolutely fabulous. I can breath, I have energy, my thoughts are clear and I no longer sleep with 5 pillows from my lungs being filled with fluid . I can walk through the grocery store without being exhausted.

I feel like he saved my life

I had to go to the emergency room for my symptoms and was referred to Dr. Berger. It turned out I was OK but was a very scary time. Dr. Berger really helped to sort things out and followed up with me. He taught me about managing my symptoms and taking care of myself. Now I go once a year for maintenance but I know he will be there if needed in another emergency. My only complaint is that some of the office staff are not too professional or friendly, but some are wonderful.