Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald P Golovan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
I recently moved to Cleveland and didn't have a doctor. I needed a physical, so I called a number of doctors' offices covered by my insurance. Unlike the others who either weren't taking new patients or weren't taking them for months, Dr. Golovan was able to get me in within ten days of my call. His staff is friendly, and unlike virtually every other doctor I've visited over the past decade, Dr. Golovan didn't subject me to the eight-minute shuffle--that game where overscheduled doctors make you feel as if you're imposing on them if you take up any more than eight minutes of their time. Instead, Dr. Golovan asked questions about my health. Then, he listened. Then, after I was done telling him about my concerns, we discussed them. I don't think I've ever had a doctor who was so genuinely interested in his patients' health and so dedicated to making sure that patients' concerns were taken care of. Also, the staff members I interacted with were extremely friendly and courteous.In sum, if you need a doctor in Cleveland, I would highly recommend visiting Dr. Golovan.
Apparently he is the Dr to sports stars but his level of attention with other patients leaves much to be desired. He does a very cursory job of checking you out and I felt that he just wanted to get rid of me. I know he has missed serious problem in a friend and I would not recommend him if you are not a sports star. I do not think he cares for his patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Golovan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Ronald P Golovan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPremier Physicians Centers, 2709 Franklin Blvd Fl 2, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Ronald P Golovan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.