Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald G Hess has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Showing 5 of 33
Amazing. He fixed a big problem from another surgery I had been having for 10 months. When the surgeon who did the original surgery kept telling me I was fine, Dr. Hess took the time to evaluate the problem. He scoped the knee and cleaned out a mess. I am only on day 4, and already feel like a new person. I wish I would have known about him sooner. I will never go to anyone else but him. Plus, he called me on the weekend to see how I was doing. That is a doctor who cares.
In my experience with doctors, this was by far the most disappointed I've ever been. I had an MRI results meeting with him that lasted under 5 minutes in which he didn't even go over any of the pictures or give me any time to ask questions. I had to go as far as calling the Radiologist who took the MRI at the imaging center to get that explained to me. With the many choices for this specialty in our region, I highly suggest going elsewhere.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
27 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Forest Park Hospital
Dr. Ronald G Hess accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ronald G Hess in this video.
Dr. Ronald G Hess is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxford, OH.