Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald F Hoffman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
Showing 1 of 1
I saw Dr Hoffman during his time working in Indiana. During this time I had just been through a horrid experience with another Dr and had developed a fear of them. I saw Dr Hoffman and he talked to me like a person (not condescendingly like most other MDs), he respected what I had to say and genuinely listened to me. I am sad at the fact that I finally met such an experienced and caring Dr and I wont be able to continue treatment with him as he will no longer be in Indiana. I would highly recommend him to anybody looking for your WAY above average Dr. He cares & it shows in his work!
50 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Ronald F Hoffman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonald Frank Hoffman Md, 10124 Deercliff Dr, Tampa, FL
Dr. Ronald F Hoffman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.