Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald L Kelley has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ronald L Kelley has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Ronald L Kelley has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Perhaps coming from a nurse this may bear some weight when I tell you that !Dr.Kelley impressed me as an excellent psychiatrist about half way through the initial exam, when he verbalized details that he'd assessed, that weren't even directly expressed. The "client" (a family member), verified that Dr. Kelley was on the right track and was able to share information with the doc, although Dr. Kelley did not push him at all. He was able to drive the nail into the issues and make a diagnosis with full explanation and rationale given, based on his observations and utilizing his knowledge and experience. I found this interesting, because it was not obvious that he was even focused on any one issue in particular at a time. I am already recommending Dr.Kelley to another person who desperately needs his skills in assessment, diagnosing, and treatment. The only complaint that I have is that Dr. Kelley does not accept but a few insurance carriers. I really want this person to see Dr.Kelley since I have the trust and the confidence in him to do a great job! Unfortunately, this person will have to pay out of pocket first then try to get his insurance carrier to reimburse him. Just hoping for the best...which I feel confident will happen!
50 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Ronald L Kelley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsKelley Psychiatric Clinic, 6025 Kentucky Dam Rd, Paducah, KY
Dr. Ronald L Kelley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paducah, KY.