Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald C Krol
Dr. Ronald C Krol, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reading, PA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Krol is affiliated with Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, St Joseph Medical Center and Reading Hospital. Dr. Krol has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald C Krol has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Krol diagnosed me with Interstitial Lung Disease as well as damage to the brain but after requesting my records from my prior doctors and St. Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem, PA suddenly "changed his mind". After having numerous visits with him he suddenly and without warning declared me "not his patient" which falls under the statute of patient abandonment. The fact is that new doctors found that I do indeed have Interstitial Lung disease and very recently found that I also have Hypoxic Brain Stem injury. Dr. Krol in my opinion is a very unethical doctor who really does not care about his patients at all.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Krol is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dr. Ronald C Krol accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRespiratory Specialists, 2608 Keiser Blvd, Reading, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ronald C Krol in this video.
Dr. Ronald C Krol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.