Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald L Johnson Sr
Dr. Ronald L Johnson Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Palmetto Health Baptist Medical Center and Providence Hospital Northeast. Dr. Johnson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald L Johnson Sr has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ronald L Johnson Sr has the following 12 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ronald L Johnson Sr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I don't Dr Johnson should be practicing medicine. He has left me waiting for over 4 hours while him and his staff went to lunch. He has abandon me after claiming he called in orders and the hospital but never did. After I called and told him I may be experiencing heart problems he never followed up. Again and again he was the absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dc General Hospital
Dr. Ronald L Johnson Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidland Gastroenterology Ronald L Johnson, 4100 N Main St Ste 201, Columbia, SC
Dr. Ronald L Johnson Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.