Dr. Ronald S Lederman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ronald S Lederman?

Went to Lederman for the pain in my Achilles. They recommended PT and laser treatments..Up to 10 was the script. I stopped the PT after 6 sessions as it actually made things worse. They did ultrasounds on each PT....the laser seems to be helping so I went for 10 full treatments. No insurance coverage so it was out of pocket $75.00 each 8 minute session. As it turned out the pain was subsiding because I was not exercising and at the end the laser did exactly ZERO....My last visit was early June. Today I get a bill for $800.00...for what ever my insurance did not cover....Biggest expense appears to be the worthless ultrasounds......At the end it was all smoke and mirrors....be CAREFUL...they will rope you into procedures you do not need .... and sell you snake oil remedies like the laser ...really bad experience.

Great staff

I went in with a bad knee and got a cortisone shot. He used the finest needle. I didn't even feel it , but I could see it on the ultrasound. Great!!

Amazing PT

I could not have received better care anywhere else. Dr. Lederman quickly diagnosed my issue. I was started on physical therapy immediately. After a few weeks the difference was amazing. Now several months after completing my therapy I am pain free. The staff was so amazing that I was almost sad to "graduate" from my therapy. This is a professional, kind and caring office. I would strongly recommend to all.

Amazing doctor. so helpful and nice

Knee Surgery

I had arthroscopic surgery performed on my right knee. Results are excellent and physical therapy staff at Lakes Center location is awesome. Overall a very positive experience.

I was having difficulty with some pain in my calf and knee and had a half marathon coming up. I had gone to a previous orthopedic doctor who unfortunately mis-diagnosed me for plantar faciitis. Luckily, I was able to get into Lederman Kwartowitz Orthopedics the next day, to see the PA Brad Mescher. He is very knowledgable in sports medicine and related injuries. After a quick and painless cortisone injection, he immediately put me into their physical therapy (next door, so convenient!) I did well in my first half marathon and truly believe it was from my hard work and the expertise of this great orthopedics office!

Educator

I went to this Dr. Lederman's office in West Bloomfield today. My primary care physician referred me to his office due to problems with my knee. The first time I called to make an appointment I was told that Dr. Lederman didn't; have any appointments available, but I could make an appointment with his physician assistant, which I did. I had seen this person several times before having surgery for a meniscus tear. Dr Lederman performed the surgery. I went back for my follow-up surgery about 3 days later. At such time, the PA stated that it turns out that I didn't actually have a meniscus tear, but I did have several smaller things wrong. I underwent physical therapy and did return the office again for about 1 year. I began experiencing pain from the same knee, but this time it traveled up my thigh. I called the office at about 8 am and made an appointment for 9:30 am with the PA. I also asked if I could make a appointment with Dr. Lerderman. I was that I could do that when I got to the office. I arrived at the office at 9:37 am. I saw the PA a short time later. During my appointment, I was told that my knee problem was the result of, at first, a back problem and then a twisted pelvis. The PA also stated that I could only treat this problem with 2-3 weeks of physical therapy. Unhappy with this diagnosis, I attempted to make an appointment with Dr. Lederman and not the PA. I was told that I could not make an appointment with the doctor without the doctor's approval. I explained to the doctor that I was not happy with the PA and only wanted to see the actual doctor. The receptionist stated that she understood what I was saying, but it was office policy that patients could not make an appointment with the doctor without the doctor's approval. I asked, " You do accept my insurance, but I cannot make an appointment with the doctor who operated on my knee without his approval?" She said, "yes". I said okay I would no longer be a patient here and left. I was AND STILL AM appalled that the doctor has a policy where he refuses to see patients, especially those of whom he has performed surgery. This experience was the first I have ever had with a doctor's office. If the doctor can't take time to see me, he WILL NOT receive another payment or co-payment from me or my insurance company!!!!!! Bad PRACTICE!!!!

Doctor's Response

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We have been trying to contact you to resolve the issue. We have been able to research the issue with the information provided in this review and unfortunately one of our new employees gave you wrong information regarding our policy because she misunderstood your request. If you would like to discuss further please contact Kathy or Carol I at the office at 248-669-2000. Thank you for the review; It has opened our eyes and given us the opportunity to clarify things with our staff, which will improve our customer service.

Dr. Lederman was very nice. Took the time to explain everything to us. I really liked him. I hope his diagnose of the knee pain is correct. Re-eval is in 4 weeks.

MLS Laser Treatment Worked!

I went to Dr. Lederman's office for knee pain. I had already seen a few other docs and no one could help the pain. He used a laser on me that had me knee feeling better than it had in years after only a few pointless treatments! I'm pain free thanks to Dr.Lederman!

Patient

Dr. Lederman was truly amazing. He is kind and he explained everything to me. I felt like I was in great hands. My knee is feeling better already!

mixed feeling

I don't think Dr Lederman is fully prepared to review my case and somehow try to use my case as an experiment for his laser treatment, which is costly but ineffective for my issue. at the end, he told me he could not perform surgery on me and referred me to a different doctor.

Great friendly efficient experience

Everyone I met was helpful and friendly from the medical assistant to the xray tech and office staff. Dr. Lederman took time to explain my options and I left feeling confident he and his team can get me in great shape for the next triathlon season and so I'll be able to wear something other than gym shoes and sandals without foot pain.

Dr. Ronald S Lederman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Bloomfield, MI.