Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald A Leo has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
When first meeting this doctor, I thought he was very nice and easy to understand. However, on a 3rd appointment with him, he was rude, judgmental and way out of line during my exam. You should really not set yourself as judge and jury Dr. Leo when you have absolutely no clue as to the life a person has lived! Extremely disappointed to say the least.
Both my husband and myself have been patients of Dr. Leo for many years. Our treatments are for different medical issues and we have found that he discusses in depth what problems exist, how they can be treated and what to expect during treatment. Even routine colonoscopies have been less of an ordeal because of Dr. Leo's caring manner. We have recommeneded him to our friends and will continue to do so.
Dr. Ronald Leo is an outstanding physician with an amazingly genuine interest in his patient and helping the patient. He is very kind. He listens extremely well to what the patient tells him, answers all questions posed by the patient, asks pertent questions, and explains his diagnosis and or opinion in a clear unequivical manner that the patient should easily understand. Having seen him on multiple occasions, I can honestly say his level of medical expertise is vast. He truly is one of the best doctors I've gone to in the 67 years of my life. Needless to say, I'd highly recommend him to anyone!
Dr. Leo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Ronald A Leo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Associates, 9103 Jefferson Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Ronald A Leo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.