Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald A Lester has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Lester is a very good hospitalist and is a very likable person. His performance in private practice is inadequate. It is important to me that requests for refills of prescriptions be taken care of in a timely manner; especially in elderly patients. I routinely have to call 2-3 times to request the prescriptions be authorized for refill and this is in addition to the pharmacist having sent multiple requests to the office. The last time it took over 2 weeks to get the prescriptions refilled and that was after I personally drove to his office to make the request in person. I have also found that Dr. Lester is not thorough in the completion of required paperwork that is requested by insurance companies so patients can obtain needed medical devices. Not only is the paperwork incomplete, but it is also not correct. As you can imagine, Dr. Lester is no longer our doctor.
I was referred to Dr. Lester and although he was not accepting new patients he accepted me as a patient. I found him to be easy to speak with, a good listener, very well informed on areas of medicine that many doctors chose to ignore! He is very caring and willing to help in anyway that he can. Over the Christmas holidays he was off work and called me to check on me and order a prescription. NEVER had a doctor do this for me. He goes well beyond what most doctors would do for their patients. I have found my doctor in Ronald A. Lester, MD!
I was a patient, and Dr. Lester was assigned to care for me at Grapevine Hospital. I was very pleased with the care he provided. As a result, I hope to have Dr. Lester as my PCP. He took time to listen and discuss my health issues. I have not had any experience with his office staff; I cannot rate them at this time.
20 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Ronald A Lester accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonald A Lester Md, 1400 W Northwest Hwy Ste 240, Grapevine, TX
Dr. Ronald A Lester is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.