Dr. Ronald Liebman Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Ronald Liebman?

Patient from 1975

I was a patient of Dr. Liebman a very long time ago, 1975, he was on staff at The Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic. I was 14 years old and had anorexia nervosa. I was very scared and depressed. My family was clearly dysfunctional. He recognized the family issues but he was not at all warm or compassionate or someone with whom I felt comfortable trusting with any information, feelings or thoughts. I'm sure he hasn't changed, which would explain his lack of stature in the community of Eating Disorders Professionals. It is a shame because I remember him as being very intelligent, but very unlikable.

When I saw Dr. Liebman, I was going through an extremely challenging time trying to overcome anorexia. He pushed me to keep eating, and I truly believe I wouldn't have gotten better without him. Overall, he helped me face one of the hardest times of my life and not back down; this made my visits with him pretty stressful, but everything he did was out of genuine care and it helped me immensely.

Compassionate physician

most kind man

Deceptive

This doctor tried to charge me for an appointment I had cancelled, even though I had given him the 72 hours notice he required. He was also frequently late, sometimes by as much as half an hour.When I informed him that I would no longer be requiring his services, he asked me to come in for a final session. He told me that the purpose of the session would be to review the progress I had made and to discuss his recommendations for my continued growth. Instead, he spent the entire hour trying to convince me to continue therapy. Once I had made it clear that I would not be continuing therapy, he ushered me out of his office as fast as he could, without even a goodbye. I would not recommend him

Unethical Behavior

This Dr. routinely took long phone calls during my sessions during which, he often had me leave his office and wait in his waiting room. When I decided to discontinue treatment, he harassed me by calling me and my husband. He also called my parents (I was a married woman in my mid twenties. Finally I had to hire a lawyer to stop him from contacting me and my family members. This was a terrible experience and caused me to mistrust psychiatrists for many years.