Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald M Long has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Long is a very caring, concerned and attentive physican. Wait times have always been minimal, and it seems as if they never over book appointments. Most times I am seen quickly. What I find most refreshing is his ability to route out the conartists and drive them away. I do not feel a stigma about going to this practice, as the riffraff is well weeded out!
Dr.Long has the best bed side manor, the only Dr. that made me feel my case was of special interest. Follow up visits are with a PA and there has been a bit of a turn around in the PA's but they are very pleasent to work with, I must say that I am a rather dificult patient at times and have some special requirments that require extra time and paper work, but its never a problem with Dr. Long or his staff. Wish my family Dr. was like Dr. Long.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Long is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Ronald M Long accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGoldsboro Pain Medicine, 1208 Parkway Dr Ste C, Goldsboro, NC
Dr. Ronald M Long is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Goldsboro, NC.