Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott
Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Goodlettsville, TN. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 5
The receptionist was rude, unprofessional and not helpful at all. Simply because of this 'first impression', I am choosing a new doctor as she hung up on me twice and STILL won't schedule me an appointment. I spoke with her at 12 noon and asked her some questions that she obviously had a problem answering and said "I am on lunch, you will have to call back at 2 or 3". Seriously? A 3 hour lunch? This lady needs to be fired.
I have been going to this location for about a year. It was great for a while. Money got a little tight and I got behind in my payments. I owe about 80.00. I became really ill with a fever of almost 103 and called to see if I could go in to see Dr Ronald McDermitt who has been my doctor. I was told no, not until I paid my bill in full. I could not believe they would turn a sick patient away. I could understand if it was a regular doctors visit but you should never turn a sick patient away. Needless to say I will be looking for a new doctor. I agree with the other person who wrote a review as well. They take their time so plan on waiting for a while
24 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealing Place Family Medicine, 824 Wren Rd, Goodlettsville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott, MD - Family Medicine in Goodlettsville, TN, in this video.
Dr. Ronald I Mcdermott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Goodlettsville, TN.