- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald S Mckechnie has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Ronald S Mckechnie has the following 7 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Preventive Medicine
- Unstable Angina
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
22 Years Experience
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Ronald S Mckechnie Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Ronald S Mckechnie
Dr. McKechnie has special training in coronary and peripheral vascular interventions, including stenting of carotid, kidney, aortic, arm and leg vessels for patients suffering from stroke symptoms, hypertension or claudication. He performs most of his catheterization procedures through the radial artery (located in the wrist) in appropriate patients. He also is trained to interpret peripheral vascular studies utilizing office-based ultrasonic guidance. He has achieved professional status of Fellowship to the American College of Cardiology and Fellowship of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions. He is published in several international peer-reviewed journals and has presented at national scientific conferences. He is co-director for Cardiovascular Education for Eastern Virginia Medical School and enjoys teaching medical students and residents. He is married with three children and enjoys outdoor activities including running, fishing, mountain biking and soccer.