Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald R Burns has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ronald R Burns has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Ronald R Burns has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I have been going to Dr Burns for over 20 Years and would not go anywhere else. Caring, Staff is GREAT!. I do not understand reviews that say the Doctors in this office do not care. They are the most caring Doctors I have ever been to. They make sure that what ever is the problem they will get the correct trement.
I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews but it was awesome!! They didn't make me wait long in the waiting room, the doctor really cared about me and didn't just want me in and out of the office. The doctor spent about 15mins in the room with me just letting me ask questions and didn't cut me off!! Very good customer service and very professional!!
If you don't have insurance and are self-pay you don't get to see the dr, just young girls who are NPs. I was given the wrong antibiotic after getting food poisoning and they would not call in another Rx unless they saw me and charged me again. I had asked for the proper antibiotic at the time of my first visit, but as egos go they had to make sure they were in charge even if they were wrong. Find a doctor's office who cares about their patients - not jut the ones with good health insurance.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Burns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Ronald R Burns accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Family Medicine Center Pa, 10055 University Blvd, Orlando, FL
Dr. Ronald R Burns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.