Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald M Rance
Dr. Ronald M Rance, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rance is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald M Rance has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ronald M Rance has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 9
I have very mixed feelings about Dr. Rance. On one hand, I really enjoy his personality. I think he really cares about his patients and wants to see them to well. I moved to Houston mid-flare up (ulcerative colitis), and Dr. Rance was the first gastroenterologist I could get an appointment with - I was desperate and willing to see anyone. His office staff was nice and he was great in terms of bedide manner. He ended up prescribing me a TON of medications. I walked out of his office with free samples and a few prescriptions - this is where I have a problem. As a pharmacist and a patient who has had ulcerative colitis for nearly a decade - I felt the regimen he prescribed was overly aggressive and unnecessary. Overall - I am thankful that he was able to help me get by until I was able to set up care with another GI.
My initial visit i was made to wait 2.5 hours and when i saw this guy he was all jacked up and his assitant with the pony tail was a stoner. I had been sent to a specialist after recieving a CT from another hospital that said I had celiac issues. this guy orders a test that does not even test for that to bill my insurance. on the day of the procedure he shows up 2.5 hours late with me sitting there with an IV in my arm and he looks like he just woke up!!!!!!!!!! ten days later after he never contacts me i call him and his assitant tells me the test they ran never tested for celiac disease. he is an idiot juicing your insurance company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Rance is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Universita Campus Biomedico Di Romas
Graduated in 1978
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Ronald M Rance accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ronald M Rance is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.