Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald Simmons
Dr. Ronald Simmons, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Ogden, UT, with other offices in Brigham City, UT and Ogden, UT (and 4 other locations). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Simmons is affiliated with Mckay-Dee Hospital Center, Ogden Regional Medical Center and Morristown Hamblen Healthcare Sy. Dr. Simmons has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald Simmons has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ronald Simmons has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ronald Simmons has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Very nice, professional, helpful. would highly recommend.
Hes a pill pusher,that only made it in Morristown because he was willing to prescribe anything people wanted.and over treated ones like that me that neeeded less antibiotics than the average person due to other medical problems.Cant even t ell you how mnay days I spent sick from being over medicated.....He also was going to perform a surgery on me in his office,that never EVER should have been done outside a surgical facility,and he certainly wasent qualified to do so.So glad I dumped him and found a real doctor
Sadly Dr. Simmons has left Ogden Clinc and they refuse to disclose his current location. He was a great addition to the clinc and since I don't really trust Dr. Christensen I find myself without a Dr. Finding a good and competant Dr. in Utah is difficult. It's a shame Ogden Clinic could not find a way to keep this prime assett to their clinic there.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Simmons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mckay-Dee Hospital Center
Ogden Regional Medical Center
Morristown Hamblen Healthcare Sy
20 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Ronald Simmons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ronald Simmons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ogden, UT.